Myludovicos | Weight Loss Info | To lose one pound of body weight in a week, an individual must eat about 500 fewer calories than he or she burns up each day. Here are 18 ways to lose weight without going on a diet.
1. Besides drinking orange juice at breakfast, eat a whole orange. You will save about 45 calories.
2. Prepare your breakfast omelets with 4 egg whites plus 1/4 cup egg substitute. Supplement regular bacon with Canadian bacon to save eve a lot of calories
3. Change from whole milk to nonfat or low fat milk. Use honey instead of sugar in your morning coffee or latte.
4. At lunch, use mustard instead of mayonnaise on your sandwich to save 100 calories (per tablespoon). Eliminate the cheese and save 100 more calories.
5. Rather than a Big Mac and large fries, try a plain hamburger and a small french fry and save a whopping 590 calories!
6. Don’t eat potato chips at snack time. Have an apple instead for less calories plus the added benefit is a lot of fiber.
7. Replace diet cola or iced tea for your usual soda. You’ll save 150-200 calories per drink.
8. Eat every two to three hours with smaller portions. Do not skip breakfast! Eating small, frequent meals keeps blood glucose levels stable and minimizes the urge to overeat.
9. Eat more intelligent snacks like dried fruits and nuts, fresh fruits, cut up veggies or yogurt.
10. Replace whole grain foods for white bread, rice and cereals. You’ll not only cut fat and calories, but whole grains have been shown to reduce the risk of colon cancer by increasing the fiber that your body needs.
11. Sauté meat, chicken and vegetables in broth instead of butter. And speaking of butter: replace it with nonfat sour cream on baked potatoes.
12. Rather than Caesar salad, substitute a dinner salad with nonfat salad dressing.
13. Do you love pasta? Have spaghetti with marinara sauce rather than fettuccini with Alfredo sauce. You will save at the least 500 calories!
14. If you’re getting out with friends, watch your alcoholic beverage intake. Rather than using Coke or Seven-Up with your drinks, choose tonic water or seltzer.
15. Restaurants are notorious for their huge serving sizes. Eat only half of your dinner and save the rest for lunch tomorrow. Or simply share the meal with a friend.
16. Get moving. Walk to the store instead of driving. Walking is the best exercise you can do to lose weight.
17. Get more walking time by replacing coffee breaks with exercise breaks. Also use half of your lunch break to take a brisk walk with a co-worker.
18. Swim, swim, swim. By swimming for just an hour you can burn 500 calories. You’ll also end up with a firmer, more toned body.